My Karen Translator is a service for BIPOC dealing with everyday racism from colleagues, friends, family, acquaintances and more. My Karen Translator aims to shift the burden of education and growth onto white people who have, consciously or unconsciously, acted out white supremacy in any number of ways.
We were recently informed you attempted to appear reasonable and compassionate (via tweet) AFTER spending years and untold resources to destroy a Black Caribbean family’s business, property, wealth and livelihood.
We’re here to give you an opportunity to reflect on this with the shared goal of fighting white supremacy everywhere it arises, including within oneself. We found this incident to have the following “Karen-like” (white normative, white-centric, white supremacist) characteristics:
- Aggressive and opportunistic participation in the process of gentrification: pushing out the established inhabitants – usually of lower wealth, most often people of color – of a given area in the interest of profit
- Financial racism; settling for $1 with the white family of an actual criminal while pursuing $50 million from the Black Caribbean family he victimized
- Deed theft; targeting people in distress, often the elderly and people of color, in line with a long history of racist property practices, policies and laws in the United States, both written and unwritten
- Ransacking Black wealth accumulated against all possible odds
- Leveraging white wealth and a racist legal system to target and destroy a Black Caribbean family business
- White entitlement; taking what you want with no consideration of its cultural significance and importance to another community
- AFTER all of the above, wanting to appear “fair” or considerate, as though you had no choice but to meticulously, relentlessly target this Black Caribbean family over the course of 20 years, knowing you could outlast and outspend them. Knowing a racist history and policy would be on your side
- Yes, Karen can be any gender and you are a particularly aggressive and destructive Karen
You must be stopped. Your extreme dedication to undermining this Black Caribbean family business and erasing Black culture in the broader context of Brooklyn being one of the Blackest yet most rapidly gentrifying areas in the country is frighteningly reminiscent of the massacre of Black Wall Street.
We hope this experience inspires you to transform your role in society and join the life-long fight for racial equity and Black liberation.
My Karen Translator
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THE PERSON YOU HAVE ALREADY HARMED.***
If you have questions or complaints, please email email@example.com.