Check Our Work
We respond to your unique “Karen” situation according to your preferences and approval. Below are a few examples of how we’ve responded to other “Karens” to give you an idea of how that might look.
Common “Karen” behaviors we’ve seen include:
- Inability to speak clearly about racism, name white supremacy, or identify own role
- Leveraging the “angry Black woman” racist trope to attempt to temper and/or conflate how Black women are allowed to express themselves at work
- Seeking assurance/validation from the impacted person
- Centering own experience, feelings and perceived growth
- Obsession with own intentions and being “understood”
- Ignorance of personal impact (past and present)
- Out of the blue, performative, opportunistic
- Tone policing, gaslighting, sidestepping
- Concern trolling (hiding one’s true motives behind the facade of looking out for another’s best interests)
- The implication of consequences if the recipient does not comply
- Patronizing in tone, embedded superiority
Feedback? Questions? Contact Us.
My “Karen” Translator has a legal and ethical duty to protect the privacy of all disclosing parties’ information and the confidentiality of the information shared. My “Karen” Translator has policies in place to assure the confidentiality of this information.